Translate

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

New Post

No...I did not forget to change the title.  Lately I've been thinking about how much excitement I get when someone I follow posts new content.  I follow several YouTubers of a wide range of fame, and I read quite a few webcomics that update at various intervals.  I get quite excited when one of them posts a new video or page for me to enjoy, and sometimes when I haven't seen anything new from them in a while, I get anxious, even sad that I haven't seen anything new from them.

I mainly started thinking about this because of being gone Sunday, and Nice Peter.  For those that don't know who he is, he's one of the driving minds behind Epic Rap Battles of History on YouTube.  What some people don't know is he also posts things like picture songs, and would usually post a video every Monday that was just him vlogging a bit and opening up his mail and showing what he got.  The Monday Show was actually the reason I subscribed to him.  I liked the picture songs, and the ERBs that came after I subscribed were a lot of fun to watch evolve.  But I really liked The Monday Show.  It was just a guy named Peter, talking with people that enjoyed his music, getting excited about the random things people would send him, and every week he would have something to say that always made me happy for the rest of week.  One week, he even talked about creating something, and that was the primary inspiration for this blog.  I watched that episode and said "Hmm...I think I should start a blog.  That would be fun, and it would give me something to look forward to updating each week."  I spent the next several months figuring out what I was going to talk about before I just decided on talking about whatever I was thinking about that week.

Then the Epic Rap Battles got big, and understandably Nice Peter began spending more and more of his time working on them.  Occasionally, he'd miss a week of The Monday Show, and would make them on Tuesday.  Then he started missing entire weeks.  Eventually for Season 2, he just stopped making them altogether.  As each week went on, I understood why he wasn't making the Monday Shows, and would go back to earlier ones in order to get a small burst of joy.  But eventually, I really wanted a new Monday Show.  Something where he would talk about something new, and we'd get to see what new crazy stuff he has, and hear him talk about something insignificant that inspired him to write a little song.  But just seeing him smile behind those yellow sunglasses cheered me up.

Finally, season two of ERB was over, and Nice Peter posted a video just saying that he was returning to making videos (and that he adopted a dog) for Mondays.  I was very excited.  And the next week, we got this.



I like it, much like I enjoy the rest of Nice Peter's songs...but I was hoping for a Monday Show.  Even if it was unedited, just recorded and uploaded, I would have liked to have seen one again.

And I wondered if anyone else felt this way.  When someone you subscribe to changes their upload schedule, or changes what they upload completely.  Do you wish they would bring back the old style of posts?  And do you get excited when someone you follow posts something new, or get sad if they don't post for a while?  Let me know in the comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment