Translate

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Secrets and Surprises

It's been nearly 3 months since I started writing this blog.  I've averaged around 13 views per post, and currently have about 240 views in total.  As far as I'm concerned, that's not bad.  I didn't start this blog to become famous or rich.  It was just something to organize my thoughts onto paper per se.

Yet, I'm still surprised at the fact that there are actually people reading it.  It may not be many, but they are there.  I often wonder if they are just clicking it to up the page view count, or if they are actually reading it.  Sometimes I wonder if they actually share it/post it/tweet it so other people can see.  And sometimes I wonder if I've actually reached anyone in such a way that they've either taken what I've said to heart, or if they've changed their stance on something.


Occasionally I'll let my mind really wander and think of the most absurd things possible, like the government watching this blog, or that my life is like The Truman Show and there are actually 1000s of people reading it but the producer's don't want me to know that.  Perhaps there is even one or two people out there that are so obsessed with the blog that they are secretly planning to find out where I live and hold me hostage in their basement in some sort of weird obsessive loving way.

Then I come back from my crazy mind, and go back to whatever I was doing.  It's a nice place to visit, but it's no secret that whatever is going on in my mind is not a place most people want to settle down in.  It's a crazy place.


I tend to also wander into other people minds.  Trying to take what I know of them and dissect their secrets just from mannerisms, the way they say certain things, the way they avoid talking about other things.  It's kind of a hobby of mine trying to know other people better than they know themselves.

Why do I do this?  Because the human mind always surprises me.  No matter how many people I meet, no matter how many times I get to know someone, I'm always pleasantly surprised when I make a prediction about someone's actions in a situation, and they don't react the way I expect.


Everyone has secrets.  Some people hide them very well.  Others bury them with fake secrets, giving people something slightly obvious that they don't mind someone knowing, but they pretend to keep it a secret so a deeper secret stays hidden.  Some people are openly honest with everything, sometimes to a point where it becomes too much information.  And I like finding all of them.

And I know there are others out there that like finding secrets in people or in TV shows or even in blogs.  For instance, I bet most people didn't realize that I set up a hidden message in my blogs.  It's there...let's see who can find it. ^.^

But life is full of surprises.  Those days when you expect it to be sunny and it rains.  Or those days when it starts out horrible and suddenly an event brighten up your day and you can't help but smile.  Those little moments of unexpectedness that make life fun.


My favorite surprises are the ones with friends.  Especially if it involves parties.  There was one time in college when a friend overheard that I had never had a surprise party for my birthday.  That year, she threw me one.  That was a surprise to me.  The surprise to her was the day she threw it I was sick. But because I had never had one, I got up, went to the party, and had a good time.  And I thank her for that.  One day though, someone will throw me a birthday surprise party and I won't see it coming at all.  Just suddenly walk in a door and a bunch of people will yell "SURPRISE!!!" and I'll have a small heart attack.

But I had just been thinking about the little secrets and surprises life brings.  It's been a pleasant week, and that little thought had been swimming in my mind.  I hope it brightened up your day.

Hint to the blog secret: Look at the first letter of each blog title.

5 comments:

  1. Trololo
    I always wondered why you chose some of the weirdest titles for your blog posts.

    Now I see why. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup...and that trend may continue...but the question is, do you know what it says?

      Delete
  2. Reach For The Stars
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loves surprising people but with BEING surprised I am 50/50; I don't know why but i am that way. I love seeing the look on peoples faces when I come out of left field and catch them off guard, to me thats when you see pure emotion and it's heart warming. i guess when i get surprised if it was a surprise party or something along those lines, I guess I chide myself for "not seeing it coming" (or something like that). I love the little "life surprises" I call them, like meeting a friend you haven't seen in a long time in a very unexpected place, those surprises I cherish and look forward to.

    ReplyDelete